Search This Blog

Thursday, March 15, 2018

New Release: His Sweetness by Leah Sharelle


Title: His Sweetness
Series: Wounded Souls #1
Author: Leah Sharelle
Genre: MC/Former Soldier Romance
Release Date: March 15, 2018


I'm so f*****g in love with Charlie, I can't see straight.



DECK


Ex-commando Deck Johnston has a busy life. He is the boss of a successful construction company, the co-founder and sergeant at arms of the Wounded Souls MC, and a single father to a three-year-old, blue-eyed, raven-haired princess, who has a liking for swearing, guns, came, and pink tutus. That is until the sweet ballet dancer and his daughter's day care teacher comes along and knocks the weapons expert on his arse. 

CHARLOTTE
Charlotte Jackson's life is not going the way she had expected. An injury ended her career a decade too early. She is in debt to her cold-hearted family, drives a POS car, lives in a shoe box and owns an abnormally large cat that hates her. She didn't expect to fall for the father of her favourite student, but with one look into his sapphire-blue eyes, her life is turned upside down.
On their way to love, will Deck trust Charlotte with his daughter?
Will he let her help him beat the PTSD ravaging him from his years of deployment?

Will Charlotte find the love she has always craved and finally get the happily-ever-after she always dreamed about?












3.5 STARS

Deck is ex-military and a founding member of the Wounded Souls MC, he’s also a single father (boy is THAT a story!) He enjoys his life and raising his young daughter, needing nothing else but his brothers and his kid, until he sees her ballet teacher.

Charlotte has studied ballet her whole life, wanting to be a ballet star. After a tragic accident that dream turns to dust. Trying to make a life on her own, she moves to a small apartment, drives a car well past its expiration date and owns a cat who just may despise her, but she loves her job. She teaches ballet at the Sunshine and Daisies Day Care and Education Centre. 

This is a good first attempt by this new author. The characters are solid, and the story line is engaging and believable. One comment I have is that it was a bit long, I think the author could have summed up the story with less words, maybe not have a sex scene in EVERY chapter. Also, the female was being sued for destruction of property, but she owned said property, so that didn’t make sense to me. 3.5 stars and I look forward to book #2.



5 STARS

This was such a great book. I couldn't put it down once started. It is fast paced, and hot. You can't help but love the characters, and go through the emotions.

I loved Deck, he is protective, has a huge heart and loyal to his mc. He goes for what he wants, and will always go for it. He is a great dad.

I loved Charlotte, she is sassy, self conscious and sweet. She loves her job, and loves to do ballet. She loves all the kids she teaches, and has such a big heart.

I can't wait for more of this series. I recommend this book.



4 STARS

Deck lost the mother of his now three-year-old daughter at her birth. She wasn't his wife but she left him with a gift like none other. Shilo is the darling of the MC. Amazing how six former special forces men and a number of ladies can fit around one tiny finger. She was enough for him. No more losses. That is until he meets her dance teacher, Charlotte. This former dancer, innocent, sweet, loved by his daughter manages to wrap him as tight as Shilo does. 

Their connection is instant. Doesn't stop Deck from doing and saying some really stupid things. Lucky for him, as long as you don't go after her girl or the people she loves, she's pretty mellow. The steam is too hot to be near. The club falls for her and not just because she's his. 

Someone is messing with the MC. It is small stuff to start with but then it gets personal. Who? When they learn more about the enemy it shocks them all. Small gets serious. Why? Will they stop the enemy before he it gets even more personal?

The story is good. The characters wonderful. Shilo is adorable and so feisty. The guy's feelings for her will melt your heart. This does not stand alone. There is no conclusion with the enemy still unknown at the end of this book. 
Reviewed for Words Turn Me On.














I love the idea of being in love. Since my early teens when I first discovered Silhouette Desire novels my life has been all about reading. I would find myself re-writing scenes if I wasn't happy with them and hiding them under my bed. That led me to writing love stories of my own. They all ended up under the bed and are still there, and there they will stay. I don't do angst, in fact it drives me crazy. 

I am a mum of three beautiful girls, Australian, and have what most say is a weird sense of humor.
I spend my free time doing movie, Sons of Anarchy, and Friends marathons. And reading.
I love Pina Colada's and getting caught in the rain..... there's that weird humor.





HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment